Wednesday 30 May 2012

I wrote a book!!

So the writing bug bit me.

I have always had a dream to get a novel written. And I've always played at it. Paused, written, paused and written some more. But I never took that leap. Opened up my arms and said, alright world,this is what I've got. I know there's better, faster, smarter prose out there, but this is me.

I should have done it far sooner than now.

As a teacher I am in the business of trying to persuade young people to step up and follow their dreams, but how can I do that when I sit back. The old adage used to be those who can do, those who can't - teach. Well it should, in the C21st be that those who can - teach.

If I want to be a role model - I have to practice what I preach. So I did. And boy was it easy (once the 80,000 words of science fiction were written).

A document - proofed and re proofed, a cover and a title then 30 minutes and it was loaded onto Kindle. A website accessible by everyone with an apple device, a kindle or even the temerity to own a laptop.

It is now as easy to connect with a billion people as with one.

So here is my offering to the grand tradition of science fiction - it's free from tomorrow for a couple of days - if you like sci fi give it a go. But more importantly - if you have a dream to publish your work, your ideas - get out there and do it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Universe-One-Liberty-ebook/dp/B00875HST6/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1338404556&sr=1-2




No comments:

Post a Comment